* Size of badminton court in doubles competition
– The doubles badminton court is 13.4m long.
– The width of the yard is 6.1m.
– The diagonal length of the doubles badminton court is 14.7m.
– The thickness of the border is 4cm and is usually drawn in white or yellow.
Note, the yard size is measured from the outer edge of one boundary line to the outer edge of the other boundary line.
*Required dimensions when drawing a badminton court for singles competition
– The total length of the singles badminton court is 13.4m.
– The width of the yard is 5.18m.
– The length of the diagonal of the yard is 14.3m.
– The field boundary line is 4cm thick and is usually drawn in white or yellow.
Note, that it resembles a double badminton court
– There are similarities so in reality, synthetic badminton courts can be used for singles or doubles, in addition there are some other regulations such as:
– The lowest aerial part is 9m, the surrounding area is at least 2m and there are no obstacles that hinder playing bridge.
–The wall surrounding the yard must be tight so that the wind cannot enter and avoid blowing the direction of the bridge.